Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bella baby boy quilt

If this baby is a boy, his quilt is finished!
If it's not a boy, well, I just might keep this quilt anyway because I love it!

bizzy kid quilt using bella fabric

Made using Bella fabric by Lotta Jansdotter.
I think this fabric has a Scandinavian look to it with the fun colors and prints.

baby boy quilt  

I did add a couple other fabrics that I had on hand including the orange polka dot, 
turquoise polka dot and gray chevron.

bizzy kid quilt

I bound this quilt with black and white stripes - machine bound with a small zigzag stitch.

bizzy kid striped binding

Backed with super soft cuddle minky!

minky backing

I started this quilt with the plan to make a kid size of the Bizzy Kid pattern - love this pattern and the blocks were put together quickly.  However, once all the blocks were done and I started arranging them, I realized I could make more use of a smaller car seat/stroller-sized quilt.  Therefore, I made two smaller quilts (35 x 39 inches) and put one in the shop.

The quilt pictured below is available here.

bizzy kid quilt

Now I need to get busy and make a girl quilt. The fabric arrived the other day so I'm excited to get started!

linking to Crazy Mom Quilts and Quilt Story and I Heart Naptime

6 comments:

  1. This is just so wonderful! Bright & cheery and such an interesting layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun! I like the addition of the orange dot pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this fabric and been thinking about how to use it....this is great inspiration. Nice job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Love the fabrics you used :)

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilt! I love the colors, especially the teal and orange. Pinning!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/03/submarine-sunday-21.html

    ReplyDelete