Tuesday, March 5, 2013

my sidekick tote and accessories

I did some sewing for myself!
Using Noodlehead's sidekick tote pattern, I made myself a new bag.

sidekick tote by Noodlehead

I really like this pattern especially the fact that it has a zipper closure and an adjustable strap.
I made the bigger bag in hopes that it could double as a diaper bag.
Although there isn't a ton of extra space, I do have room to throw in a few diapers.

inside of sidekick tote

Once the bag was done, I decided I should have a matching wallet.

purse and wallet

Using this tutorial with these adjustments, I made myself this wallet. This was an easy tutorial to follow, and I made this (with the exception of a few finishing details), while my daughter napped one afternoon. I love that it has a zipper pocket for change!

wallet

wallet

And I just couldn't stop there so I quickly whipped up a card holder for all the cards that didn't fit inside the wallet...you know, all those loyalty cards. 

card holder


card holder

And here are all three...matchy-matchy-matchy!  :)

sidekick tote with accessories

Next up, I'll show the zipper pouch I then made to keep my bag more organized.

linking to Quilt Story and Crazy Mom Quilts

12 comments:

  1. Dropped by from Quilt Story and just love these so much and great choice of fabrics. I just had to pin them on my wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Gorgeous, such great fabrics and I love the matching set, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Jen! Yours looks awesome, too! I think it looks much better with the bigger flap than mine, that's what I wanted mine to be like. Glad you were able to use my adjustments to your liking :) And thank you for sharing the link with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, and the wallet is great, love the fabrics you used

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your wallet a lot. It is great that you have a place for change. And the card holder is a great idea as well. The fact that all three pieces match is just the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jen. I love your wallet, I'm a big fan of exciting lining fabrics. And all the matching as well, it's gorgeous. I'm a bit jealous to be honest. I've stopped using my bifold wallet in favour of a smaller pouch but you are tempting me to remake my own pattern! Thanks for the link!

    Happy Crafting

    PS I also have an extra pouch for all my loyalty cards, otherwise I find that I don't have them on me just when I need them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on all three, and I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great collection. I love that diamond fabric....what is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is from the DS Quilts Diasy Mae fabric collection. I found mine on clearance at JoAnn's.

      Delete
  9. I came across your bag searching for Sidekick tote inspiration on flickr, I love your fabric choices, was wondering is sketch would work and it looks like you used sketch - is it smoke? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love how all your stuff matches. It's soooo cute and really makes me want to try these out for myself. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, nice combinations of colors in handbags and wallets. Good creativity. Thank you for sharing a very valuable information to us. You have a great artist in yourself. Check for more handbags collection @ www.gkfashionstore.com

    ReplyDelete