Friday, March 8, 2013

Posy baby girl quilt

I bought a charm pack of Posy to make a baby girl quilt. - This fabric makes me think spring and Easter!  :)
I also bought a charm pack of some Bella solids.

patchwork quilt

posy patchwork quilt

I didn't have a plan as to what I was going to do with them.

baby girl quilt

I debated what I should do...a disappearing nine-patch quilt like this one was my first thought.
Then I just decided to wing it.
I made some hour glass blocks paired with some four patch blocks.
I added a while chenille border to make it a bit bigger.

posy quilt

 Backed with soft lilac minky fabric, this quilt is ready for a little baby girl.

baby blanket

baby girl quilt

linking to Crazy Mom Quilts and Quilt Story

14 comments:

  1. beautiful! I also love this line, and made a couple of baby blankets with a charm pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wide border you have given it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful, I love the solid colours you used! Posy is such a pretty line, I have a charm pack waiting for me to use. This is great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We worked with the same fabric this week, how funny! I love what you did with it, it's a beautiful little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is darlingl! And I love the picture of big sister displaying it outside! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I would love to have one of them to cuddle with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt and I love the chenille border! I want to snuggle with it! Your timing is perfect...just bought a charm pack of Posy and have been studying (= building up the nerve) how to quilt with a minky backing! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely! My posy charm packs came in my mailbox yesterday! The backing is perfect. Such a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love the border fabric, texture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the texture and the eggplant you added into this quilt. Great job, it reminds of candy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute!! Love the minky on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet! I too am working with a posy charm pack right now - I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the simple and soft baby quilts you make...they show off the fabric nicely and look soo cuddly. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your design has given me inspiration for the doll quilt I am planning using the scraps from my Posy Quilt! Your quilt is modern, fresh, girly and fun! Thank you for sharing!
    Amber x

    ReplyDelete