Thursday, March 21, 2013

the simple life placemats

I bought this fabric a while ago.
I knew I wanted to fussy cut those cute little kids to make something.
I finally decided on some placemats for my girls.

simple life placemat (10) (Small)

I opened up the scrap bins and started pulling fabric that matched the fussy cut squares.
I then started sewing to create these patchwork blocks - turned placemats.
Three placemats - one for each girl.

simple life placemat (6) (Small)

simple life placemat (5) (Small)

simple life placemat (4) (Small)

After I took these pictures, I then put some iron-on vinyl over them so they are easy to keep clean.

simple life placemat (3) (Small)

The girls have each claimed their own - funny how that happens even though I didn't put names on them. :)

simple life placemat (9) (Small)

8 comments:

  1. oh cute! I imagine the girls were thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those place mats look great!If I was eating on them, I'd probably scoot it up above my plate so I could look at it while I eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Bet your girls will love meal times now that they have those to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable...I love how you pieced these together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with JHNickodemus. I wouldn't get much eating done because I'd be too busy admiring the placemat!

    ReplyDelete